My name is Ashlee Cornett. As a young child I moved around the Midwest for my father's job and finally started elementary school in a small rural town in central Kansas. I spent majority of my life in Kansas. I attended the local high school, Smoky Valley High School, where I played basketball and was involved with many other clubs and sports. After high school I attended Baker University in Baldwin City, KS for my bachelors degree. I completed my Bachelors of Science degree in psychology with an endorsement in special education. While a junior at Baker University I was heavily involved in a large variety of organizations on campus and held many leadership roles. I was most involved with my sorority, Zeta Tau Alpha, and Student Activities Council. During my junior year I met my fiance, Jason, who was working on his masters at University of Kansas up the road. (Rock Chalk Jayhawk!) At the end of my senior year we got engaged and are currently planning our wedding to be held after I complete my program here at UT. After graduating my fiance and I moved to Tennessee so I could get my masters to teach special education. We currently live with his parents, cat, and new puppy.
At the University of Tennessee I work as a graduate assistant in the Special Education Clinic. I work with Dr. David Cihak and also sit on a research team led by Dr. Sherry Mee Bell and Dr. Steve McCallum. I love working with the faculty as I learn so much from them every day. I am excited to intern next year. I can't wait to be around the children and help support, advocate, and serve their needs to help them lead successful and positive lives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You sound really busy with school and planning a wedding! Good luck with all that you are doing. Have a great day and I will see you in class tomorrow.
ReplyDelete